Friday, February 12, 2010

An Interesting Way to Sell a Car

This is an interesting way to sell cars I guess. I'm not sure if I'd be more likely to buy an Audi based on this advertisement, but watching it makes me laugh.

Based on some comments on Youtube I think there is some worry that we may be headed down this path where ultimately people are arrested for such 'crimes' as using incandescent light bulbs, but I think these fears are ultimately overblown. This sort of thing couldn't happen without the support of the majority of the population, which I don't think they'll ever have.

So enjoy the commercial, and don't get too hung up on it.

2 comments:

The_Iceman said...

I have that jingle stuck in my head, but it makes me laugh. Parody or not, when I first saw this I laughed so hard I cried. It may sway me to one day buy an Audi, but I am not going to pay a premium price for an experimental hybrid.

I don't believe that CO2 is going to kill all life on Earth. I just care about the price tag and fuel economy.

Eric said...

I know! I can't get it out of my head either.

I find the whole parody very amusing, but I have to wonder if it would appeal to either those who honestly care about global warming, or those who are sincerely skeptical.

Post a Comment